Monday, March 2, 2009

I can finally stop stealing the office's camera

I'm going to skip over the fact that I've been neglecting this once again...but know that I am aware.

Sooo, last week I got Nikon D90 and I've kinda been going picture crazy ever since. I started a Flickr a few weeks ago and last tuesday I decided to start a 365, which is where you take a self portrait every day for a year. My goal with that is to take not only a self portrait, but a creative one. So far, I seem to be lacking on the whole creative aspect, but I'm still figuring out how to use this camera. And thats a really lame excuse.

Friday I had my friend Lindsey over and I took her senior pictures. I think they turned out pretty good considering the fact that she was tired and decided after half an hour that she didn't want me to take anymore pictures. I used natural light, which kinda sucked that day because it was gray and gross out side, but I tried to work with it.



Saturday Trevor came over and we decided to play around with the camera, which was fun. I actually really like the way these turned out, particularly the last one.





I spent all day Sunday at a photo shoot for a fantastic one woman show I'm assisting with right now called skinnydipping. It was quite a bit of fun and I pretty much love the photographer, Ryan Robinson. His work is seriously amazing and he has the coolest studio/house/loft thing ever. It is exactly the type of place I want.

Sooo, yeah. I've just recently descovered the awesomeness known as texture overlays and I pretty much love them. This is from day one of my 365 and one of the first pictures I took with the new camera. I should probably learn how to use it, as opposed to just pressing random buttons and seeing what happens.


-S

2 comments:

Alicia said...

haha I love you and your 365, and I'm excited to see more of your work. you're a veryyy talented artist :]

I like lindsey's pictures and would love to see some more! and you still need to tell me where to get texture overlays and how to do that..haha.

and I thought that 365 was just taking a picture every day of the year and posting it..I didn't know it was a self-portrait. haha.

anywho. keep the blog up dear, i love reading it!

e rega said...

the musician shots are cute~

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com