Thursday, November 20, 2008

Typewriters

I absolutely adore typewriters. Yesterday I brought out what used to be my Grandpa Bob's old Remington Quiet-Riter from the early 50's. I was able to clean it off a bit and it worked just fine. A few of the keys stuck but that went away after a bit of use. I need to pick up a new ribbon for it since right now it just has the one from whenever it was last used in it, which was over 20 years ago, and its pretty faint. What I found really neat was that, with the right light, you can see shadows of things that he must have typed up years ago on the paper feed roll. My mom said that my Grandpa used it to type up everything when she was going up. I tried to clean it out best I could for now, but were going to get it professionally cleaned and repaired. I'm pretty allergic to mold and after being around it for just a few hours, my throat was starting to itch and whatnot. Also, something is being held in with a rubber band on the bottom. Hopefully I'll have time this week to go out and get a new ribbon for it and look further into getting it repaired. I decided to take some picture of it, and ended up trying to be all artistic and such. Enjoy.









1 comments:

Alicia said...

i love this, and these pictures are great! I need to get a typewriter..then our letters will be even more legit. =]

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com