Saturday, November 15, 2008

Why is it...

that when I'm out and about, I can think of a million things that I'm going to make when I get home. But once I'm home, it seems that all of those ideas are gone. I'm having a day like that today. I spend most all of my Saturdays at Piven theater taking classes and interning in the office and it seems like those days are the ones that I am able to come up with the best ideas. When I'm sitting in class watching or when I'm up and active in the space. Maybe it has to do with all of the creative energy in the space or the fact that I'm not actively thining about what I want to make. I'm one of those people that once they get an idea they need to turn it into something physical while its still fresh. I've tried drawing out what I'm seeing in my mind but it doesn't have the same effect as actually working with the materials. Sometimes the ideas will comeback to me though. I really liked being able to take something that I've thought of out of nowhere and turn it into something tangable. It's so satisfying to take that idea and see it as something real and outside of your head.


I was able to give Emelia her bag this moring and she loved it. It's so nice being able to see peoples reactions to the things that you've made, especially when its made with them in mind. Another one of my friends wants one(all have been freinds from Piven, which is fantastic because I get to see them using the bags a lot!) and I'll be finishing it up this week and can't wait to give it to her.

Anyways, I'm just trying to waste some time while sitting at a coffee shop.

1 comments:

Alicia said...

I love how creative you are.

:]

I would love a bag, I saw some of your work and it really is great.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com