Monday, February 16, 2009

Apparently you can't just smash apart a TiVo...

My friend Trevor and I thought it would be cool to smash apart stuff and make brilliant things from the insides. We were aiming for a steam punk sort of deal with gears and whatnot, but we didn't have anything laying around with insides such as that. My mom had an old TiVo that she said we could do what we wanted with, so we decided that was at least a start. We discovered that they are built surprisingly well. Since it's made of almost all metal, our original plan of smashing it didn't really work. We ended up having to take it apart with a screw driver. It was full of computer parts and not really what we want/needed, so we just made whatever. Well, I made whatever while yelling at Trevor to stop thinking about what he was doing and to just do it. 


This one is mine...






And here is Trevor's...






Haircuts and iced tea,

-S

1 comments:

Alicia said...

those are both super cool.

not fair.
i should be there with you guys!
oh well, i guess I just have to enjoy the pictures until I'm there.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com