Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Coneheads, Electric Blankets and A Baby Sydney

Well, I was about to follow Trevor's advice and rename my blog "For Alicia, my lover" when I was informed that I have more readers then just Alicia(well, and Trevor, but he doesn't count) . Who? Um, my dad. And the people he sends the link to. So maybe my idea that I have millions of readers who are all to scared to comment is close(ish) to being true. It's just more like I have a very small handful of readers that don't have blogger accounts, thus don't comment.

So I just finished watching Coneheads, which happens to be one of my favorite movies. I know, that sounds reallllllly lame of me, but I really do love it. I think part of it is how ridiculous it is. Also, they all were in character the whole time. Which, is pretty impressive considering the situation. Actually what am I talking about - it's a film. They have multiple chance and they edit that stuff. Phhs. Lets see them do the stage version. Blahah, I would totally audition for that. They should make it a musical too. Oh god..

Anyways, I'm watching Fight of the Conchords, which is fantastic. Well I was when I wrote that. Now I'm in my bed. With my electric blanket. It's heat is nothing compared to the real thing. Not that its not real heat, since it is. I mean, its hot and all, but there is something very artificial about it. It's not satisfying. I'm still cold, its mostly my toes that are the issue. They are always the issue. Not really, but it sounded good in my head.

I'm drinking orange juice from a mug. I love mugs, particularly this one since it has a picture of baby Sydney on it. Does anyone else refer to the baby version of themselves as baby whateverthenameishere? or is it just one of those weird things my mom does, like how we call one of my cousins Cousin Ben, as if it was part of his name or something. There are a few people we do that with actually. Anyways, as I was looking at it, I was trying to figure out if I still looked like that. I know that I'm obviously not that bald anymore and have grown just a bit since this was taken(which was when I was really really young. A year maybe? Dad, you read this thing, how old was I?) and that baby Sydney wasn't wearing make up like I am now.


Hmm, I have to say, I was an adorable baby. I bet some of you are wondering why I have a mug with my own face on it and those of you who aren't questioning that are thinking, "She would." But you see, this was something my parents did. When we had the pictures taken we had prints made, obviously, and also a few mugs apparently. In a way, I'm glad they did. I had forgotten about this picture, which I love. According to my mom I posed wonderfully for the camera and naturally did everything correctly. No wonder I wanted to be a runaway model when I was younger! Yes, you read that correctly. Runaway not runway. I honestly thought thats what they were called for the longest time. I could go on for hours with all the stories of things from when I was younger that, looking back on, make me feel kind of dumb.

Speaking of me feeling dumb, I just did something that make that happen again.
I thought to myself oh, I'll be all clever and since I said I was writing this from my bed, take a picture of me sleeping! But then I realized to take a picture of my self sleeping, I would have to be awake since no one else is around to do it for me. This brilliant idea resulted in about 100 attempts at fake sleeping pictures before I gave up. So yeah, I know you know I know you know that I'm not really actually sleeping. Hopefully that'll be changing very soon.

Polka dots and hot tea,

-S

3 comments:

Alicia said...

You don't have to have a blogger account to comment, sooo they should comment. And you were a cute baby Sydney, haha. Same smile and nose for sure....But now a beautiful lady :) oh I miss you. Let me know when you get my letter.

Anonymous said...

You where about a year old in the picture. If you can find the actual picture (somewhere in the Den or your mom knows) it has the date on the back of it. You had your hands folded so nicely in the picture. Oh my, you where so cute back then!

Sydney said...

Haha, thanks dad...

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com