Oh, how I love Rilo Kiley. And the new layout for the blog. I'm quite fond of it, actually.
So I left out a part of my cupcake story because I felt that it might bring down the joyous and cheerful mood. But remember the part where I dropped the pan? Well, the pan decided to land on my arm(and hand, but that's faded away now) so I now have a lovely red mark on my arm. It doesn't really hurt though and is nothing compared to the time I burnt my arm on the curling iron.
So I left out a part of my cupcake story because I felt that it might bring down the joyous and cheerful mood. But remember the part where I dropped the pan? Well, the pan decided to land on my arm(and hand, but that's faded away now) so I now have a lovely red mark on my arm. It doesn't really hurt though and is nothing compared to the time I burnt my arm on the curling iron.

Ohh, I bet you're just dying to hear this story. Well it happened one morning when I was about 4 years old. I was waiting for my mom to finish getting ready so she could take me to school. She was doing her hair and make up at the table in what we called the get ready room(if I remember correctly) and had the curling iron heating up. Now, something to know about my mom and I is that our hair doesn't like to cooperate and to get anything to stay, we have to use the curling irons that get really really hot, a lot hotter then most of them. A lot of the times even on the hottest setting they wont curl our hair. Back to the story, so she was almost finished getting ready when I decided that I wanted to clip back my bangs that day. I went over to the table to look for a hair clip. I spotted one just behind the curling iron, so I reached for it and in the process of doing so, managed to pres my arm on to the scorching hot iron. Ouch. After this all I remember is crying, ice packs, being told I knew better then to do that and a 6 inch long bright red mark on my left forearm. They got me to stop crying and took me to school. I was fine, my arm kinda hurt but that didn't bother me too much. Then, after recess I took off my coat and looked at my arm. Where the burn was had bubbled up and blistered and was really quite gross looking. So, using my brilliant 4 year old mind I decided to pop it with my freshly sharpened pencil. I got yelled at by the teacher and they put a barbie band aid on it. I don't remember many other specifics besides that and having to have my arm all wrapped up with gauze and tape. Oh and going to my friends birthday party during that time, but that's unimportant. It took a while to heal and looked like it was going to scar pretty bad for a while, but now there is only a faint mark where I think it might have been.
I've had a lot of bad luck with super hot metal, mostly when I was younger. Lots of burns for taking things out of the oven, ions, glue guns, all sorts of things. I would say I've gotten better with that, but seeing as this whole post generated from me burning myself on a pan...I'm not so sure I should say that.
In other exciting news, I bought new shoes the a few days ago. A pair of boots that are pretty 80's, but really comfortable and look okay with pants and a pair of cute purple/pinkish ballet flats from one of my favorite companies, Blowfish. I adore most all of the shoes they have and have a couple pairs from them. It was pretty exciting since they were both on sale and fit perfectly. And that never happens. I sorta think these are fantastic, but look a totally different color in person.

I know flats aren't the most appropriate kind of shoe to be wearing in this sort of weather, but I'll save them till spring when I can finally go back to wearing my beloved flats. Oh, how I've missed that! That's one thing I've never been a big fan of, confining shoes. If I'm not in ballet flats (the kind for dance and the kind for the street) or socks or bare feet I feel like I can't move properly. Like it feels like my reflexes slow down and I can't react properly. I dont know, it's just one of those weird things, like not being able to hear when I wear sunglasses. But I'll save that story for another time.
Pretty hearts and cars that start,
-S

0 comments:
Post a Comment