So far, its been a pretty lovely week. I went back to dance for the first time since October and it went really well. It was just a private lesson and we worked on some technique and spent some of the time working on choreography. He gave me some ideas on what he was looking for and let me figure out the basis of the steps and we were able to work together to figure something out. That is exactly what I had been wanting. I wanted to be given pieces that were choreographed for my skill level. I know that I'm not the best dancer and that I'm no where near where I should be, but I know that I have a beautiful line and I preform well. I struggle with fast steps and jumps, mostly due to my muscles and how they dislike doing what they are supposed to. Also, because of that my flexibility is pretty low. It's good for a normal person, but for dance its awful. Those are all things that I'm working on and hopefully improving. I'm just so glad to be back, I've really been missing it.
I bought a few really cute metal pieces from a shop in Crystal Lake that was going out of business. They were selling all of the tables and cabinets and stuff as well as the things they normally had for sale. We ended up getting this really good metal table/extremely large basket thing that my mom is going to use to hold yarns and other things of that nature, a large metal tree with birds on it that is adorable, a shelf type thing that they called a plant holder (its really cool and can fold totally flat) and some lovely silk ribbons. All of the metal pieces are vintage/antiques whatever the technical term for it is and have that white/rust/metal color combination going on. I absolutely love them. Were going back out that way next Wednesday and were going to stop by again and see if they still have anything left. Everything was 50% off what they had the items marked, which we didn't know till we checked out. If we had known that (and had more room in the car!) we would have picked up a lot of other pieces. I just love old things. I ended up starting to reorganize my room due to the lovely metal pieces, so I've got a bit of a mess to clean up in the next day or so but I'm excited. I'll take pictures of them sometime soon so you can see the wonderfulness of them too.
My mom knit me hat tonight, which I quite like. Its yellow and I happen to think looks pretty good. It's also really soft and only a wee bit itchy at times. Ignore the sad attempt at a model type pose.
Also, while I was in Crystal Lake I was in at a friend of my mom and I's shop, holessence. I showed her the soldered pendants and pins that I've done up and she loved them and wants to start selling them in her shop. I'll be making up quite a few this week to bring up to her and hopefully her clients like them and buy them. I'm kinda pretty excited about finally getting to not only make, but sell my art. Last night I ordered more precut class and solder and all of that lovely stuff so hopefully that arrives soon and I'm able to make even more.
I'm not going to go read through this again to make sure it all makes sense. Hopefully it does and if not...too bad.
Sleepless nights and post-it notes,
-S
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
I love old stuff.
Posted by Sydney at 9:52 PM
Labels: Being back at dance feels soo good, I love yellow, I should really not post so late, Metal stuff is awesome, Things that are old are really fantastic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment