I've been in bed all day, and sleeping for most of that time as well. I woke up feeling awful, sort of like I had been run over by a truck multiple time in the night. Not fun. I'm actually feeling a bit better now, which is a really nice thing. I felt like I was on a roll with this whole blog thing, since I think I've posted something every day this week. I don't want to disrupt that and fall back into the land of boring and infrequent blogging. Not that this isn't boring, I'm sure it is. But at least its not um, infrequent.
Anyways, when I wasn't sleeping I was looking for new music. I found some, some stuff that I think is just fantastic. I've been trying to find more music with male vocals since I noticed that most of what I listen to is done by women. That doesn't bother me, but I like a change sometimes. On my search I came across Pretty Balanced, a band that in some ways is very similar to The Dresden Dolls with the whole quirky dark cabaret thing. Okay, so I was looking on youtube for a video and the only one with decent sound quality of the song Mind In A Box is of this strange tattoo and piercing covered guy in what I can only guess is a sad attempt at him trying to be artsy...or something. I dont really know. It's best if you don't look at the video but simply listen to the lovely song.
I knew this was going to happen. I slept all day and now its almost 1:30 in the morning and I'm awake. I feel good too, still a little achy, but so much better. Time for some rambling.
So pretty much anyone that's been around me enough knows that I really like things that smell kinda like vicks vapor rub. Camphor, peppermint, menthol, eucalyptus...I love how they smell. Alicia made a comment when she was over that everything I had, was minty. My shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap, lotion...just about everything. She's right though. I bought my dad some stuff from C.O. Bigelow's mentha line products for christmas, which I use and love and he loves as well. They seriously are my favorite. I just love how refreshing and cool they smell and they also don't give me a headache which happens with a lot of scented things. Well, girly scented things anyways. I don't know where I was going with that, but I just ran and got my little bottle of camphor essential oil and oh how lovely it smells.
No picture tonight. I look awful and don't really feel like being clever.
Pajama pants and bottled water,
-S

2 comments:
the shampoo, conditioner, etc. I didn't have a problem with...BUT it was the toothpaste that was just ick! it was overwhelming mintyness. hahah. i'm not just not a fan, that's all.
love youuu
That video was awful, which is a shame because the song was good.
It's funny that you say you like minty things because two of the hand-made soaps I bought yesterday use mint-type things, as well as green tea and basil. I even bought this one soap that was made to smell like the beach (which it does) and one side of the soap is even covered with sand from a beach in California.
No, I can't just use a bar of Dial. I am sooooo much better than that.
Post a Comment