Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm blaming bad lighting?

Thats really not a good reason for my pathetic amount of posts. The thing thats stopping me from doing more blogging is the fact that most of my postings would lack pictures of my work since, while I always have some type of camera on me, the lighting usually isn't the best and I like my pictures to be perfect. Well, at least decent looking. This goes for both of my blogs. I bake and make creative messes a lot more then these here blogs would lead one to believe. So I think I'm going to post about other things as well. Things I've written for school, poems, lyrics, music that I can't get out of my head, things I want to do, how much I love really bright yellow and an assortment of other things that are similar to that. It's not like anyone really reads this stuff I post. (except for Alicia! hi, you're pretty!) So it's not like its going to bother anyone if I stray a bit from what I've typically been posting. And if you are reading this and have any objections, make it known. I probably will do what I want anyways, but whatever. For all I know I could have millions of readers yet they are all to scared to comment (except for Alicia!) but I really really doubt thats the case.

My back just fell asleep. Like, the middle of it. Not my leg/butt first and it traveled up to my back, only my back. Weird...

To start things off how about a bit of music, eh? We all like good music and I happen to think my taste it such matters are wonderful. But then again, would I really tell you I thought I had bad taste in music? Okay, so there was the whole Arron Carter, Spice girls, and Britney Spears obsession but when your 8, thats normal. Lucky for you I'm not 8 anymore and have grown out of that. (and I know if Alicia is reading this, she'll be remembering that she found a backstreet boys CD in my car when she was up a few weeks ago...that soo doesn't count.) Anywaysss, thats not important.

I was going to put the fantastic wonderfulness known as Gregory and the Hawk, but all there is on youtube are horribly lame home made fake music videos, at least for the songs I'm overly fond of. So here are two songs that I don't know/love as well as the others but are still amazing, Young One and A Wish. They are not the best quality and not my favorites but at least it's really her. I actually hadn't heard Young One till my search for a video, but I love it. It's one of those songs that gets in your head and stays there. Not stuck in your head, but it stays there willingly, not bothering anything and just reminding you that it exists. A lot of her stuff is like that actually. It's one of the reasons why I like it so much. If you even remotely like this, check out the rest of her stuff on itunes

Young One


A Wish


Well folks, its almost one in the morning and I've got a long day ahead of me...and by long day, I mean sitting at home in my pajamas, drinking tea and bugging Trevor(do you even read my blogs? Go eat a scone if there are any left. oh and you should leave something exciting on the desk for me wednesday. like a snowflake or something else involving paper and love.) while he works his first day of my job. Oh, and doing some school work too, I guess. I just went and read over this post and it seemed a lot longer in my head. Also, I noticed that I get off topic really easily. So to try wrap this all up and make it sort of art related, I will leave you with this picture of me and some scissors. (I'm going to blame the weird face on either my lack of sleep or my love of sharp, shiny objects. Perhaps its both, but I'll let you decided for yourself.)

Warm socks and sunglasses
-S



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had 'Gregory and the Hawk' on my 'to get' list for quite some time now, and now I think it's time that I just do it already. You ever have those? Those bands that you know are really fantastic and great, but for some reason you hesitate to acquire them?

Anyway, I love your blog. I love your rambling. I love your creative mess. And that picture at the end was priceless. You look like you're getting ready for a run ;)

Oh, and your blog should be called 'For Alicia, my lover'

Alicia said...

haha, trevor..very funny. Oh the days of Aaron Carter :] hahah and backstreet boys is back..alright! so they don't count as "bad" music, hahaha.

Gregory and the Hawk, fantastic. you should burn me the cd (along with backseat goodbye) and mail it to me, haha.

and that picture, so cute, so adorable...so sydney.

loveee,

me

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com