Creating art will make you incredibly happy, no matter what your reason is for doing it.
With (what appears to be) a ridiculous goal in mind, you can do way more then you ever imagined.
Your monkey mind will go into overdrive thinking up really good things you should be doing instead, but it's in your best interest to set all that aside and continue work for now.
When you commit yourself to something, you must find the most effective and creative way to do it.
It gets really noisy in your head when you actually do work, but the noises quite down if you keep working anyways.
This work will not take away from your other dreams, in fact your progress here feeds into your progress in other arenas and everything starts to integrate into one big thing.
If you forget about time, you'll still get somewhere really wonderful right on schedule.
Your work knows things about you that you do not.
Not everything you do is going to be brilliant. Some of it will suck and that's okay.
Everything you do matters. Every story you tell yourself about your creative life and whats possible for you holds incredible power over you, so choose your stories wisely.
Its okay to have serious doubts about your talents and abilities. Do your work anyways.
What you think is a breakdown is really a breakthrough. So push through the hard parts. The other side of each little meltdown is truly glorious. Unless, of course, what you really need is simply a little sleep.
Those are a few different things that I found on some one's blog a bit ago and wrote down. I forgot about it till now but after reading over them again, I see that a lot of them still resonate with me, particularly the first one. You might get no use from all of that but I found it helpful. Especially times like now when I have so many ideas in my head and so many things I want to do, I don't do anything. Or what I do end up doing feels very forced. It's frustrating, that's for sure, but I've just got to do it and work my way through it because otherwise I'll end up no where.
I somehow managed to get a knot in a muscle in the front part of my shoulder, and it's really hurting and one of those nasty, pinchy, crunchy knots that I always seem to get. I've been trying to work it out, but I feel like if I push any harder I'll throw my whole shoulder off. That picture makes it sort of look like I'm missing that arm...not really.

News papers and crayons,
-S

1 comments:
As always Sydney, you're far more insightful than you get credited for.
But I know a girl like you doesn't require credit from other people to survive.
<3
Post a Comment